You might just have a tripped breaker and don’t need an electrician to come out. Check your breaker panel and see if anything looks out of place. Switch your breakers all the way to the off position, then back on. Sometimes, breakers will trip without looking like they are so make sure by switching each one off and back on. Sometimes, they are difficult to switch so don’t be afraid to push hard on them. If that doesn’t solve the problem, give us a call so we can help.

You most likely have a tripped GFCI. If it’s a bathroom outlet that’s not working, try looking in your other bathrooms for a rectangular outlet with a test and reset button on it. Press the reset button and see if it starts working again. If it’s a garage or outside outlet, check in your garage, usually near your breaker panel for the GFCI outlet and press the reset button. If it still doesn’t work, give us a call so we can help.

You may have a service problem that is not related to anything in your house. Call your local electrical utility company and request that a serviceman come out to check it out. In Clark County, WA, we have Clark Public Utilities and they come out for free. If they tell you to call an electrician, give us a call and we’ll help you out. We don’t want to charge you for a service call if the utility company can fix it for free so call them first.

The law states that all new or altered wiring requires an electrical permit, whether installed by a homeowner or a contractor. If it has to do with wiring and is being added or replaced, it probably needs a permit. Call us if you have more questions and we’ll make sure it gets done correctly.

Yes. This falls under the low voltage category of our licenses. If there is wiring running in the walls, an electrician should be consulted. Give us a call. We’ll get it done right for you.

Interested in seeing what we’re all about?